A Firm Fighting For New Yorkers Injured Near Construction Sites
Construction sites are filled with dangers and potential hazards. In most cities, these risks only impact workers at the site. But New York City is densely populated and perpetually under construction, which means each of us is at risk when just passing by.
Unfortunately, construction site accidents are a common occurrence, with pedestrians and bicyclists being the most likely victims. If you’ve been seriously injured, Cohan Law PLLC can help you hold the at-fault parties accountable. By taking legal action, you’ll be protecting your own rights and interests, and you may also help prevent future accidents and injuries to others.
Common Types Of Accidents And Injuries
Living or traveling near a construction site exposes passersby to significant risks, such as:
- Falling objects – This can include tools, ladders, scaffolding, debris and more. Victims often suffer traumatic brain injuries and neck/back/spinal cord damage.
- Accidents with heavy equipment – Cranes may drop their lifted materials or swing them out beyond the borders of the site, injuring others in the area.
- Electric shock injuries – Renovations and new construction often leave electrical wiring exposed and unshielded. Coming in contact with these electrical hazards can lead to serious injuries or even death.
- Scaffolding collapse and tower-crane collapse
- Ground collapse – This includes falling into open pits and sinkholes created during construction.
- Road hazards – Construction materials, tools and heavy cables left in the road can greatly increase the risk of car accidents and other injuries.
Attorney Mike Cohan has more than a decade of experience in New York personal injury law, including representing victims of construction site accidents. We will fully investigate your case to determine how the accident happened and who was at fault.
Determining Liability For Construction Site Accidents
When the hazards of a construction site escape the boundaries of the site and cause injuries, chances are good that negligence was a factor. Potential defendants in these cases include site owners, contractors and subcontractors, architects, engineers, OSHA compliance officers and more.
In addition to representing average New Yorkers injured while passing by a site, Cohan Law PLLC can also help construction workers who were injured on the job and need to seek workers’ compensation. The two types of cases are distinct from one another, but our diversity of experience in these matters has helped us hone our investigation skills following a serious injury.
Free Consultations Available – Contact Us Today
After a construction site accident, it is important to understand your rights and legal options. Cohan Law PLLC is pleased to offer free initial consultations to prospective clients in New York and surrounding areas. To schedule yours, call us at 646-859-3867 or reach out online.