New York Lane Departure Crash Lawyer
Texting and driving has become such a problem that essentially all new cars are now built with lane departure warning systems. Unfortunately, no amount of automated driving, to date, can protect others from bad drivers, particularly when distraction or alcohol are being used—two of the primary causes of lane departure crashes. If a driver mindlessly drifted out of their lane and caused a crash, your only option for justice is to file a personal injury claim with their insurance policy. To learn more about your options, the New York lane departure crash lawyers at Cohan Law Firm can guide you through the process.
Top Four Causes of Lane Departure Crashes
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a common element in most traffic collisions. It forces the driver’s eyes, focus, and/or hands from the task of driving. Distracted driving includes texting, making calls, receiving calls, eating and drinking, making eye contact with passengers during conversation, reaching for objects, adjusting the radio, and using the infotainment screen.
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers have poor motor control, loss of vision, and lose their inhibition. This all leads to lane drift, merging errors, and an inability to hold a straight line while driving.
- Falling asleep/drowsy driving: Fatigued or drowsy drivers are sometimes unable to maintain their position on the road, which leads to drifting out of the lane they are in and into other vehicles, or into the oncoming lane of traffic.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving includes aggressive driving, speeding, and making egregious maneuvers. A driver engaging in such actions is likely to completely lose control of their vehicle, and depart from their lane of traffic into another vehicle.
Another cause of lane departure collisions is driving unsafely in inclement weather conditions. Snow, ice, hail, sleet, and rain all reduce traction on the road. Depending on the current weather conditions, drivers should slow down or simply pull off the road if it is unsuitable to drive their vehicle in the conditions at hand.
The Worst Injuries Sustained by Victims in Lane Departure Crashes
Lane departure collisions can be extremely serious. Examples of injuries our clients have suffered include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured vertebrae
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractured limbs
- Multiple fractured bones throughout the body
- Fractured ribs
- Facial damage
Call a New York Lane Departure Accident Attorney Today
If you were driving along steadily only to have another vehicle slam into you or pull in front unexpectedly, and you suffered an injury as a result of the crash, you deserve to be compensated fairly by the other party. To ensure fair and full compensation, your best chances lie with an experienced New York lane departure lawyer who has handled this type of case before with success. You can end your search here, because all of the lawyers at Cohan Law Firm are more than qualified to take on your case and win. Call us today at 855-855-0321 for a complimentary consultation.