New York Neck & Back Injury Lawyer
If you’ve ever pulled a muscle in your back or neck, you know how painful it can be. These injuries can affect your daily life, especially if you have something more severe, such as a fracture or slipped disc.
Many people suffer back and neck injuries in the workplace. They may bend over or turn their bodies too quickly. Sometimes car accidents cause injuries such as whiplash. A sports accident may cause a fracture or disc issue in the back.
There are cases where back and neck injuries are caused by aging or a medical condition. For example, arthritis, pinched nerves, and cancer can cause pain and mobility issues.
However, if someone else’s negligence caused your neck or back injury, you want to make sure you are fully compensated for all your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. See how the New York neck & back injury lawyers from Cohan Law Firm can help you.
Common Neck and Back Injuries
Your neck and back consist of vertebrae, spinal discs, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. If you injure your back or neck, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Muscle tightness
- Muscle spasms
- Decreased range of motion
- Numbness and weakness
- Loss of sensation in your hands or arms
Some common injuries include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is usually caused by the sudden impact of a car accident. It occurs when a person’s head is forcefully thrown backward and then forward in a snapping motion.
- Soft tissue injuries. These refer to injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the back or neck. They are often caused by car accidents and other types of sudden trauma.
- Neck sprains. Neck sprains can occur when the neck is moved too quickly. They can cause significant neck pain when moving the head.
- Neck fractures. These can occur due to a high impact, such as during sports. A neck fracture can make it hard to move your arms and legs.
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the vertebrae, discs, or ligaments in the spine can cause long-term effects. Some are even permanent in nature and can lead to reduced strength, sensation, and mobility.
- Bulging/herniated discs. A bulging or herniated disc often occurs in the lower back. It occurs when the softer part of a spinal disc pushes through the exterior, causing significant lower back pain.
Some people are more likely to suffer a back or neck injury than others. Risk factors include:
- Car accidents
- Sports such as skiing, snowboarding, gymnastics, wrestling, biking, and horseback riding
- History of herniated discs
- Overuse from repetitive motion
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Poor posture
Contact Cohan Law Firm Today
Neck and back injuries can be painful and debilitating. Treatment may be extensive and expensive.
Get the help you need from Cohan Law Firm. Our New York neck and back injuries lawyers will guide you through the process and keep you on track as you approach recovery. Schedule a free consultation by calling (855) 855-0321 or filling out the online form.